Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just bought an 08 infiniti g35 journey package with 112000

Customer Question

Hello Chris. I just bought an 08 infiniti g35 journey package with 112000 in mint condition. vin JNKBV61EX8m209613, and i just want to know what i really have. they speak of revved up engine or not and other possible concerns. It runs fantastic, i had the suspension checked and was a well maintained vehicle, as far as I know. I am currently taking care of my elderly father and had to move in and leave my job. so, don't know if its about to break down or not and the darn carfax folks need $ for history, which normally i wouldnt mind but my situation has changed.. I know its a lot but can you a least shed some small light and enlightened me? Please..
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: not at all. front tires center are a bit wavy as it is staggered.
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: oh no, nothing appears to be wrong with it. just would like to get a straight answer with vin as to what i have example revved up engine or not. they say the non revved up engines are less troublesome. i am not looking for trouble, just checking to see if i got a good or great deal. it is so fast and picks up like a rocket especially with sport option tranny which i dont know how to really use.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. that's it.. thank you.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 22 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I am not sure by what you mean when you say "is my engine reved up or not?"

Reving is what happens when you press the throttle, the engine rpms increase and that is called reving the engine.

Chris

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
correct, it's what i ve always thought, but they are saying that for some reason the revved up engines have an extra part near the timing belt that either is good or bad depending on how well it was maintained. where can i find the true specs of all engine models, in this year series and just look at the prints or read the differences on motor options, problems spots or otherwise. thanks.