Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have A Suzuki 2000 Grand Vitara. The Engine Check not

Customer Question

Mike, I have A Suzuki 2000 Grand Vitara. The Engine Check not light up with ignition switch ON and engine stop, but engine can be startling.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have a main fuse diagram located in engine compartment? I have no Owner's Manual to explain the functions of those fuses, even one fuse is missing.
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

its possible that its just the bulb in the instrument pack thats gone

I realise that you need to show the bulb test ( lights on) as part of your annual check so providing the car runs and drives OK, so indicating that everything else is OK then I'd say its time to remove the instrument pack and check the wiring and connections to it and the condition of the LED bulbs

with these I think that you may need to some specialist repair to replace the LED and check its function and this firm can help

http://stores.digitalautotech.com/StoreFront.bok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you are familiar with the causes and have the service manuals, please look other diagnostic beside replace LED bulb.
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Ok the 1st thing to ask is have you plugged in a scan tool to the OBD port to pull off any fault codes?

and how is the car driving? any stuttering on acceleration , wavering idle speed or lack of power?

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you