Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 zusuki grand vitara, everything, car shut down when i

Customer Question

2007 zusuki grand vitara
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Vitara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: car shut down when i pull the gear
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 167000
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had a 6 hours trip, when I got to my destination the car does not start anymore, I checked and i found that the battery cable connector was broken. This connector has like a fuse but it has no contact with the battery any more so I put a wire directly to the battery and the car was able to started again. However every time i pull the stick to D the car shut down immediately, I had to accelerate the car in order to keep it run, that way i was able to return home. I've been looking for that part in every auto part store but I cannot find it. I cut the plastic cover and connect the cable directly to the battery without that plastic part with the fuse. The car start but i cannot make it move until I accelerate. I tried some easy fix but still not solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.