Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2007 bentley gtc power trunk lid when activated starts to go

Customer Question

2007 bentley gtc power trunk lid when activated starts to go up and then closes
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: no its more of aprogramable situation i think caused it redirects with strong power
JA: What is the model of your '07 Bentley?
Customer: gtc
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault of a position or object detection sensor causing this issue here.I have seen both of these act up and send incorrect signals and cause a fault like this.I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and those codes then diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete