Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2010 Flying Spur. While out of the US for four

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Flying Spur. While out of the US for four months last summer both batteries went flat. Had to open boot by locating terminal under hood and giving it a high charge. Starter battery is now charged but car still won't start. Left side battery is dead but I don't know how to remove it. Also can't get it to the shop because I can't get it in neutral to roll it Jo on a tow truck. By putting my charger on the left side system battery, accessory lights come on but it still will not start. When I mash the brake and push the starter button the wording "key not located" lights up. I replaced battery in key, green light blinks when activated but still won't start. I have tried to start with key in normal way and secondary by turning key right then left and right again. Two things would help. How to remove left side system battery and how to get it in neutral. I am 200 miles from the nearest Bentley Dish. In Orlando and they have been no help even though they service my car.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: John Mansfield
JA: Are you fixing your Flying Spur yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had two local mechanics out but neither can get it started or get it in neutral.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what I typed In earlier
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

ok on the drivers side (pic attached) remove the negative cable first . then the passenger side battery remove that negative cable.

back to the drivers side you see the 4 cables that is attached to the copper bus bar. remove the 4 nuts , mark which cable goes where and then remove the bus bar on top of the battery. no looking at the battery where the bus bar was there is a 13 mm hold down bolt to keep the battery stationary in place. remove the bolt and the hold down bar. remove the vent tube of the battery and then remove the battery (note the battery is very heavy) . now that battery is a special battery and you need to install the same battery in there. You can get that battery from either VW or Audi dealer. part # 000 915 105ce dsp . This is the main electrics battery .

Lets try replacing the battery and see if the vehicle will work and start. if not i can assist in getting the vehicle in neutral!!

let me know!!