Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Ok I checked all connections under the hood in the fuse

Customer Question

Ok I checked all connections under the hood in the fuse panel, and all were good . The fuses for the rear clearance lights was good, and I didn't find any bare wires going through the firewall. However they are still being intermittent. Could the wiring to the marker lights to make them turn signals have something to do with it ?
Because now the left rear marker goes off, and stays off sometimes and still flickers.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you have anything after market wired in at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
aftermarket remote start, and stereo. Was installed prior to me purchasing the vehicle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,yes I did see that after reviewing the last question here.

Just to be sure again here which lights are flickering and which are not working properly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The rear left marker light is the one flickering, and the rear clearance lights work intermittently. They stay more than stay on.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Can you test and see if the LR park and RR park fuses are losing power intermittently when this issue occurs?You would want to test to see if one terminal that each of these fuses seat into lose power intermittently when the fault occurs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll try that as soon as I get back to the vehicle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,let me know when you can.I think we are leaning on a possible internal fault with the BCM (body control module) but I want to see what signals we get here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks, I'll get back to you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome

Since today is kind of a holiday I wont be here much longer but will be back tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The truck is at my place of work, and I'm I the field today, so it's what's on my agenda, before it drives me insane
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here when your ready.