mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 2016 Maserati Ghibli the vehicle was in an accident

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Maserati Ghibli the vehicle was in an accident then it would not start afterwards. I have already tried jumping it from the battery which still wouldn't start the car I jumped it from the terminals under the hood that started it and it ran. I realized that there was blowing battery disconnect Sittin On Top of the battery so I bypassed it now it will start without the jump but dies within a few seconds of starting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 month ago.

the battery is not charging you need to have the charging system checked. since you said it was in an accident i would guess the main alt fuse is blown and needs to be replaced. but the alternator may have gone bad as well. my systems do not show any data for the vehicle manufacturer and i would recommend taking it either to the dealer or to an independent show that specializes in vehicles of this nature.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont have a charging issue. I have an idling issue. I have checked all the fuses in the trunk and under hood fuse compartment they are all good as I already stated there was some sort of battery cut off that seems to have been cut off from the accident and I bypassed it. It is located on top of the battery in the trunk. Now it starts and dies after a few seconds... the battery is strong and if i start it and rev the engine it will stay on but shortly after returning the car to idle it dies.

the battery is not charging you need to have the charging system checked. since you said it was in an accident i would guess the main alt fuse is blown and needs to be replaced. but the alternator may have gone bad as well. my systems do not show any data for the vehicle manufacturer and i would recommend taking it either to the dealer or to an independent show that specializes in vehicles of this nature. can you hold the engine at a higher rpm?

im sorry it reposted everything i said. i was only asking if you can hold the engine at a higher rpm?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

ok then i would have to recommend taking it to a place that specializes in these vehicles because the aftermarket access to manufacturer information is extremely limited.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I will take it to the dealer.