Jon Pell
Jon Pell, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certifications, Many years in the field, and graduated from Wyotech with degree in Auto, diesel
14645008

I HAVE A 94 ELDO TOURING COUPE, AND THE CODES ARE READING

Customer Question

I HAVE A 94 ELDO TOURING COUPE, AND THE CODES ARE READING ,P109 ,P052 ,PCM ,T072 ,WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS HERE
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I HAVE NOT
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A FRIEND SCANED MY CAR AND THESE CODES CAME UP
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can feel the car jerking , i thought it may be pcv ,but no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer! all of the above codes except for the T072 are for when the PCM/engine control module has lost power. These codes generally appear if the battery has been unhooked or replaced recently. (have you disconnected the battery recently?) Also the T072 code is the major culprit. That code on sets if there is an internal fault to the engine control module and the fix for that is to replace the ECM. A faulty module can certainly cause an issue with a jerking feeling as it controls the engine operation as well as provide information to the transmission. Under what conditions does the jerking occur as in what speeds, only when it shifts, just at cruising speed? I suspect the jerking is caused by the faulty ECM but was curious about the exact details of the jerking.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.