Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My Sirion 2007 have EPS start problems. When I start the

Customer Question

My Sirion 2007 have EPS start problems. When I start the engine it doesnt work, so Iam moving steering wheel simultaneously with starting the engine and everything is working. Where is the problem?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No, i didnt. Battery is ok (I bought new one)
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: daihatsu Sirion 20017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I try with other cpu that is connected on it. No results
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, all symptoms are clear, if I want to have proper driving I must start the engine and in same time to move the wheel, other vice I dont have power steering
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue may be with a fault with the steering column angle or position sensor or an issue with wiring in the steering column being shorted or damaged needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the wiring checked for any issues this needs done.If this is or has been done then I would have the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers as this will help locate and diagnose the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete