Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

CUSTOMER ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE HIS OWN BATTERY, HOOKED IT UP

Customer Question

CUSTOMER ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE HIS OWN BATTERY , HOOKED IT UP BACKWORDS AND WAS NOT AWARE OF SECONDARY BATTERY . AFTER GETTING THINGS STRAIGHTENED OUT THE CAR WILL NOT RECOGNIZE KEYS FOR STARTING (CRANKING) OR AUTO DOOR FROM FOBS 1999 ARNAGE
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: REPLACED THEM BOTH
JA: Are you fixing your Arnage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: THIS IS A REPAIR SHOP THAT CUSTOMER TOWED THE CAR TO . NO CRANK SIGNAL . SUSPECT IMMOBOLIZER AND OR ECU DAMAGE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.
What year and model is the vehicle ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1999 arnage
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tom , Please contact me so that I can move ahead with diagnosis . I will be looking for wiring diagrams , pin out views with connectors and locations . I do not have other resources for this info which is why i contacted you . Jay
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I replied yesterday the vehicle is a 1999 Bentley Arnage . when the key is turned there is a no crank situation which I believe is the Immobilizer. The reason I think this is because I cannot get the key fobs to operate the doors either and yes I have changed the fob batteries . I have checked all fuses ok Can the immobilizer be replaced with used unit and be reprogrammed to original keys and do you have any recommendations as to where to have this done