Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

2005 E350 Ford 6.0 diesel does it have a mechanical vacuum

Customer Question

2005 E350 Ford 6.0 diesel does it have a mechanical vacuum pump for an electrical pump for the vacuum?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Vin 1ftss34p95ha31459
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Are you referring to the vacuum for the power brake booster?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm finding it hard to stop some times as if I'm having to jump on the breaks. I was told vacuum pump. I hope this helps
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

I see, thanks. Yes, that is most likely in the vacuum pump. The pump is mechanical and is run off of the serpentine belt.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a part number?
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.

Although I don't have the factory part number for the pump, they are available after market, (and for less, I'm sure) in various brands. The Dorman part number is # 904-812. Normally available at major suppliers, such as O'Rielly's auto parts. Cordone also makes one Part # 64-1030, both around $200.

Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** Thanks