Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I hav a problem with a 2004 nissan altima 2.5lt the engine

hi there, i hav a problem with a 2004 nissan altima 2.5lt the engine has problem with idle at cold temperature and warm the idlle is at 2000-1500 rpm is runin up and dowm,, what i hav done is new throttle body and did the relearn ,, i been checkin for vacumm leak with carburator cleaner all around the intake maniful.. and no DTC are present

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ty

hey how are you

1- check the ECT sensor on the scanner what is it readin g?

2- have you driven 100 miles since the TB replacement and relearn

please let me know

Thank You *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hav not driving 100 miles after repla. I can't drive more then 35 mph in this town

it will take up to 100 miles for the ECU to learn all the perimeters , just keep driving it until 100 miles and see if the issue still there

get some mass air flow sensor cleaner and clean that sensor

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ECT reading

hey how are you ,

i do see the ect 188 is good

but i saw 101% on B1 on your scanner , that is problem here , the ecu is adding fuel to keep af ratio,

running lean means not enough fuel (leaking injector f,,regulator etc.. or you have too much air .leaking intake ,

so that is what we need to find.

what is the mileage on it & have you done a smoke test to check for vacuum leak

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Miles

hey how are you

1- I see the ECT at 188 , that is good

2-But i see that the Bank 1 B1 is at 101% , that tells me ECU is adding fule to reach air fuel ratio.

running lean means : Not enough fuel( clogged fuel injector , fuel reguralator etc.. that is why ecu adding fuel or To much air ( vacuum leak )

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't done the smoke test. What I was doing spray carburetor cleaning all over intake. I going to do the smoke test now

ok , spraying carburetor is good idea just make sure the engine is Cold not hot so you want cause a fire.

when spray watch for the engine to surge up ,if it does we have a leak

Please let me know what happens

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spray all over. I don't see any changes in the engine

ok that will elimnat any major vacuum leak , but not if we have a tiny one ,

Can we check fuel pressure ?

these are the specs

2004 Nissan-Datsun Altima L4-2.5L (QR25DE)

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Fuel pressure Fuel pressure at idle..............Approximately 350 kPa (3.57 kg/sq.cm , 51 psi)

what are the fuel trims at idle long term and short term ones

can you send me a picture of the scanner screen like you did earlier but showing fuel trims and Oxygen sensor if possible, all at idle with engine at operating temperature

and fuel system status if you have that on the scanner , you should

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
At idle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
T

your ect is at 138 140 now , is the car temperature on the gauge in the car in the middle ?

did you reach operating temperature was the car cold or hot with this reading ?

what is the fuel pressure ?

the car is running lean for sure .

not enough fuel or to much air, you checked the vacuum, now check fuel pressure if you have not already ,is it holding at 51 , are you reaching 51 ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will check the fuel pressure

ok.

your temp is still low below 1/2 , are you not reaching the 1/2 mark?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It get to the 1/2 wen the engine get warm

ok good deal when it does , snap me another picture at that time of the readings

i m stepping away for few hours , just reply back here when ready, when i get back i see it and i will reply back

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Chad

hey i m calling you no answer .

post back here when you want me to call you back

i will be back in 4 pm till late tonight

just let me know

Chad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I missed you call

ok no problem just let me know what time you want today after 4 .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4pm is good. I'm in mass.

ok sounds good call you then

Chad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuel pressure

Can you do this mass air flow check before i call you

thanks

let me know

Save Article

Component Inspection MAF SENSOR 1. Reconnect harness connectors disconnected. 2. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.

3. Check voltage between ECM terminal 51 (Mass air flow sensor signal) and ground. 4. If the voltage is out of specification, proceed the following. - Turn ignition switch OFF. - Disconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector and reconnect it again. - Perform step 2 and 3 again. 5. If NG, remove mass air flow sensor from air duct. Check hot wire for damage or dust. 6. If NG, clean or replace mass air flow sensor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just miss u call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can call me now