Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I had an overheat i lost antifrieze but headgasket 9is good.

I had an overheat i lost antifrieze but headgasket 9is good . since then the car not running good going a few miles and when i turn off the engine and i want to start it again is not start . after 10 minits start again and i went back to the shop the said have to change the fuel pump. they changed it but still the same problem . Practically the car is not drivable and i dont know what to do .Thanks
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: The coolant container was leaking i changed it.
JA: What is the model of your '10 Mercury?
Customer: 2003 merkury sable gs
JA: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes , i do it myself in my friends shop he knows things about cars he is rebuilding carburators alternators starters etc.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello

I'd suggest the next step is to do a compression test across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other

as this will show if the gasket is still sealing correctly

if leaking then this can give issues with starting

The other thing to try is a head gasket / block test kit as these take a coolant sample and analyse it for any signs of combustion gas - if present this would indicate the head gasket is on its way out

http://www.uktools.com/block-tester-p-12508.html