Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

WHile driving tonight with 3 little grandsons, my check

WHile driving tonight with 3 little grandsons, my check engine light came on. I am supposed to be driving with them again tomorrow. Is it safe? Navigator has 90,000, fyi.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I am no mechanic, nor is my husband. Haven't tried anything, yet. Looked at the Jim Click service schedule, and nothing is available until Saturday...can't wait that long.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that does it.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

how did it run and shift for you ?

did any other lights come on ?

did it stall or act any different ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ran fine. I was driving quickly up to Phoenix from Tucson to pick up my grandsons. My daughter is having a baby girl tomorrow. On the drive home, when almost back to our house, the light came on and stayed on. Everything else seemed fine. I don't remember when the oil was changed last, but we found out our handyman had been driving our car over the summer...I'll need to check the door to find when the oil was last changed.

the odds are and is very common is if it ran just fine the light is on due to a loose gas cap or something small like that or even an O2 sensor that might have been sending a wrong signal just enough to trigger the light

i would get it to the shop when you can but driving it should be fine tomorrow as long as it drive just fine

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you. that's what my husband thought, too. we'll schedule a service appointment then. appreciate your advice. jrp

anytime

dont forget to rate us here

let me know how it goes

how did to go ?

dont forget to rate us here