Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.

1991 buick century 3.3 motor 131000 miles, have spark, have

Customer Question

1991 buick century 3.3 motor 131000 miles, have spark, have fuel, no injector pulse.
injectors read 13.1 to 13.3, new computer, new ignition module, have not replaced crank sensor yet, but the sensor on the car is only 18 months old.
The motor shut down under full acceleration, and then would not restart?
The ignition module grounds have all been cleaned as well. I have everything except an injector pulse. The only work done recently was a fuel tank and pump.
We ran aground wire from the alternator bracket to the upper front motor mount and the car started but ran poorly, of all things it ran better in reverse? My local GM guy says crank sensor? That will be changed tomorrow, but i have good spark at the coils?
It has me stumped what would you suggest?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

Will the car start now?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No there is no injector pulse. The temporary ground wire was removed, and all the grounding areas on the motor were cleaned I am referring to the mounts for the ignition module, directly under it, and the lower aluminum plate that is bolted to the motor.
Everything was re-assembled with di-electric grease.
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

Do you have a scan tool that will read live engine data?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I believe the garage where the car is does. what are the other options if he does not?
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

I hope he does, as I need to know what the wot state is. If the tps is faulty it can go into wide open throttle and this will cut the injectors off at start up.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Wow, that makes sense ------------ The garage can do the read, but I can't get an answer from them today, the computer is out for repair. They should have it back tommorow
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

If they do not have a scanner that has live data, a new tps is not that much and not hard to replace. If you have spark, the ignition system has to be all good, including the crank sensor. Your car does not have an anti theft system, so all that is left is the tps.

Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

Does your ac work?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the a/c was working fine. Is it related?
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

Have them turn the ac on with the ignition switch ion the run position, if the tps is stuck in wot, then the ac clutch will not activate. Easy way to check and see if the tps is the problem.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That's why your the expert. The garage must have banker's hours they are closed. i will try to respond and finish this tomorrow.
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

Chat with you tomorrow then.

Expert:  Kalamykid replied 8 days ago.

One more bit of information that you need to ask them about your car, Do the injectors have 12 volts going to them with the ignition switch in the run position?

Expert:  Kalamykid replied 5 days ago.

Did they find the problem?