Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

2008 Lexus RX350 ignition locked and key won't turn

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- first try wiggling steering wheel while turn key at same time

2- do you have 1 or 2 keys , try the other if you do

3- any red security led light flashing on dash

You cab try a manual reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if cables don't reach

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my second question is my car trunk refuse to open with the fob

well that could be number of things , did it happen all at once no trunk and no ignition switch turning ?

fuse, relay trunk lock actuator etc..

Please let me know what happens

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well i have another question for you cuz all the other problems are still hanging there but i want to know exactly why my lexus lx 350 is draining fuel so fast?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is it bcuz i'm not using the right engine oil? plz explain. thanks

hey how are you

sure man you can ask me what you want ?

i m assuming you mean by draining , it is using a lot of gas ?

a bad spark plugs , dirty air filter , a leaking injector internally, the air & fuel ratio mixture is not balanced and ECM adding more fuel ( this happens when there is a vacuum leak )

what is the car doing now any check engine light on ?

if there is a check engine light on did you have scanned & retrieve any fault codes ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not scanned yet but no error code on . the gas started running faster since i last serviced my car. so i am thinking maybe i didnt replace the engine oil with the right kind.
This the engine oil specs on your car , if you are not sure if they used the correct weight & type oil
i like using mobile one full synthetic with 5W-30Engine OilGrade ................................................................... ILSAC
Viscosity ............................................................... 5W-30

Even if there no engine light on ,if you scan with Lexus scaner or equivalent you can read Pending & history fault codes and that happened at one point in car the ECM keeps a record , but it has to be a lexus scaner specific , the cheap code readers want be able to retrieve these fault codes

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much for your time . well at what duration do i need to always change my car engine oil and gear oil?

You are very welcome

I would change it at 5000 miles if i m using the synthetic oil ,they say it runs 10000 miles but dont run 10000 miles, do 5000 miles and change my recommendation .

Chad

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician