sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2011 bmw 528i, well the issue is its having signals

Hi I have a 2011 bmw 528i, well the issue is its having signals on the dashboard about restraint issues. Says the passenger restraint and driver restraint systems are faulty. I hit a pole when reversing and it just automatically came up, what should I do
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Hello?
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I typed a message earlier and was waiting for a response
JA: Are you fixing your 528i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pretty much the basic. Turning off the car and putting it on, putting on the seat belt and off still nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's pretty much it

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These warning are being displayed because the airbag module has seen a failure in the system and set fault codes. There are many things that could be going on ranging from seatbelt pretensioners, impact sensors, the airbags, clockspring, occupant classification issues, wiring, etc.

the first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the airbag module and then testing will need to be done from there based on what codes are found.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Based on experience what do you think the problem might be specifically? Because i checked all the seat belts and they all feel fine but other issues you mentioned I don't know for sure, otherwise was really just a little bump and it's weird it just brought out all those warning.

There are dozens of possible causes for this warning and it wouldn't be possible to know what is wrong without testing. The fault codes are going to need to be read and then electrical testing will need to be done from there based on what codes are found.