K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 750 quick fuel alcohol carb,and holley alcohol

Customer Question

I have a 750 quick fuel alcohol carb,and holley alcohol regulator.also have the holley black pump at the rear of the car,problem is it floods.floats are set rite ;everthing is new front to back,HELP,FRED
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: it is real fat staging and driving down the track,went two tenths slower Friday night ,
JA: What year is your 750?
Customer: brand new quick fuel carb,
JA: Are you fixing your 750 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took it apart looking for trash,did not see any ,changed carb to a willys ,it a little better but on first crank the front two will drip alcohol ,tap with screw driver it quits,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes,i have an isolater for fuel ,it showed 6lbs ,put in a manual guage showed 4lbs ,adjusted regulator still fat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it sounds like the needle and seat assembly itself is bad. I've seen QFT have bad ones out the box or have gas ones in place of the alky made ones. I'd give them a call and get them replaced under warranty.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.