Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2013 mini countryman, hood release lever inside car

Customer Question

i have a 2013 mini countryman, hood release lever inside car does not release hood, tried pushing down on hood, to see if it would pop, and nothing. took panel off, and reattached cable to handle, and tried pulling it, and cable does not move, cable seems too long,
How do I open the hood if it doesn't work? Not sure why it doesn't work?
really don't want to take it to the dealer..............
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately with an issue like this here you have to access the hood latch to release it.This may involve cutting out part of the grille to access it or trying to access from under the vehicle.In either case I have had to do this several times before then had to repair the component that was cut out or damaged after replacement was done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete