rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Ok so I have this 2006 kia sedona 3.8L,,which I thought I

Ok so I have this 2006 kia sedona 3.8L,,which I thought I had fixed it but apparently not so at first I was getting codes for no.2 cylinder missing so I replaced all spark plugs and moved some coils around which they work except on no.2,,,so now I have misfire on no.2 and no.5,,,can it be a bad cam or crank sensor??,,what tests can i do??

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Check fuel injectors for proper operation with an injector tester and make sure they are getting powered by the computer.

Check engine compression with a gauge.

These are the only items left that can cause misfires.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What compression should cylinders have??,,I don't have a injector tester,can I use it multimeter or test light?,,should I just buy one ?

You need to have the proper tools.Most parts stores will loan them to you for a deposit. Compression should be about 170 PSI.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me later on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Going to get a injector tester but how do i check the back 3 injectors if I have to remove intake to get to them?does car have to be on?

You check the injectors with a machine, you don't pull them out

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was able to get an autel diagnostic tool,is there a way to check injectors with it?

No, you need an actual fuel pressure gauge and the injector tester to attach to it too and you need to know how it works as well. Most parts stores will loan these to you, give you instructions and readings to follow for just a deposit. Please rate me now and we can then continue out conversation if you still need help later on.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron