Jon Pell
Jon Pell, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certifications, Many years in the field, and graduated from Wyotech with degree in Auto, diesel

U reset the service indicator message after the required

Customer Question

u reset the service indicator message after the required service is completed on a 2012 GT?
JA: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a service technician that I normally use to service my expensive cars do a routine maintenance service on the car and he needs to reset the service indicator. How does he do it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 days ago.

2012 GT what? What engine?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
2012 Bentley GT Continental
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 days ago.

I see, thanks. I don't have anything on that vehicle, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!! My name is ***** ***** I have 15 years as a Technician I will do my best to resolve this together with you!

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 11 days ago.

I don't have much information on the Bentley line but I did come across this procedure that is supposed to be for your year model, give this a try and let me know if it works. If it does not there is another we can try.

Resetting Service Light
1. Key in ignition switch (not turned/engine off).
2. Hold down the trip button.
3. Switch the ignition on and release the trip button.
4. A message appears in the DIP with the wording SERVICE RESET .
5. Press the OK button on the steering wheel.
6. The message will now disappear.
7. To check the procedure has worked correctly. Switch the ignition off, switch the ignition back on again. The service warning light should have disappeared.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'll try your suggested fix first and will let you know if it worked.
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 11 days ago.

Ok great! Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Your last suggested fix did not work. Now what?
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 11 days ago.

In that case let me opt out and I will get you connected with a Bentley technician. Please give me one moment.