Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My car cuts off at stops. just got a tune up. when trying to

Customer Question

my car cuts off at stops. just got a tune up. when trying to restart kind of acts like it needs gas just cranks. I have a 2000 izusu trooper. each time it did eventually start. This seems to happen after it has been running for a good while.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: no gas problems. The initial start is fine normal. I have to turn the key a few times before it re starts.
JA: Are you fixing your Trooper yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no took it in for a tune up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • I am travelling and on vacation this week but will do my best to get to you when online.
  • A failure of the IAC valve is a possible cause for this
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 14 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris