Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

What could be the problem when I push the gas pedal down the

Customer Question

What could be the problem when I push the gas pedal down the battery light goes gos on, when I take my foot of the battery light off and now my battery is dead I never had this problem before
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Have you had the charging system while the engine is running to see what the charging voltage is at the battery ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 15 days ago.

Your battery light is controlled by the alternator and not the battery and if you now have a dead battery then you are likely looking at an alternator problem. You need to start with getting your battery charged so you can start the engine and then have the charging system tested. Most Auto parts stores will do testing this for you at no charge.