No problem.Below is the test chart for this code.Follow it with the appropriate tools and it will lead to the cause here.Unfortunately if you do not have all the tools needed in the chart this will need tested by someone that does have the tools needed.
VVT (Variable Valve Timing) System controls the cam pulley phase to adjust the valve timing to the optimize timing.
The engine oil pressure controls VVT pulley.
OCV (Oil Control Valve) is located on front of the cylinder head and changes the pulley phase by changing the engine oil passage.
ECM controls OCV solenoid by PWM signal to adjust the phase to the target.
This code detects that a difference of target angle and actual angle larger than a threshold.
IMPORTANT: If DTC store caused by OCV sticks by the contamination, the self recovery works in the middle of the normal driving cycle. This is executed to take out the contamination from OCV. This may resolve the OCV stuck problem.
Conditions for Setting The DTC
- Deviation angle:-10-10 deg
- Test enable: wait time 2 seconds
- ECT is below 60 °C
- Ignition voltage is below 10.96 V
- Engine running
- BARO is below 72 kPa
- IAT is below -10 °C
- No DTC's below set:
- BARO sensor (P0106, P0107, P0108)
- IAT sensor (P0112, P0113)
- ECT sensor (P0116, P0117, P0118, P0125)
- Crankshaft angle sensor (P0341, P0342, P0346, P0347)
- Ignition voltage (P0563)
- OCV Solenoid (P1690, P1691, P1692, P1695, P1696, P1697)
- ROM (P0601)
- RAM (P0604)
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
- The ECM will ON the MIL after second trip with detected fault.
- The ECM will store condition which were present when the DTC was set as Freeze Frame and in the Failure Records data.
IMPORTANT: DTC is stored in memory as an historical data entry. If there is no freeze frame data, inspection is required. If no problems are discovered during inspection, clear the DTC data from memory.
Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated