Jon Pell
Jon Pell, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certifications, Many years in the field, and graduated from Wyotech with degree in Auto, diesel

How to remove drivers seat no forward or reverse movment I

Customer Question

how to remove drivers seat no forward or reverse movment I have a new track but cant get to rear track bolts 2005 gt continental
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to resolve this issue fast as I understand it can be stressful! Please just allow me one moment to review the information!

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 18 days ago.

My factory technician repair manuals system does not cover Bentley however after looking online I found something similar but not exact at the following link. You should though be able to access the rear bolts with the seat moved all the in the forward position and then you can sometimes run into clearance issues height wise with your socket and ratchet and if thats the case which it always has been in my 15 years experience Snap On, Mac tools, and Matco and every now and then a store like Harbor Freight carry all sockets and ratchets in "stubby" which is much smaller as well as swivel sockets that let you access the bolt to remove it. They make these in the regular hex bolts, torx bits, and allen wrench style as the seat bolts tend to be the latter two. I would definitely use the stubby tools and see if that works and if none of this has worked take a picture or two and upload them and I will do my very best to assist and if it gets to that point once you upload the pictures send the VIN number and I can call a buddy who works at Bentley that can possibly get me a service manual. They are very tricky to get ahold of sometimes but I will be here and we will get to the bottom of this one way or the other together!

That link if it doesn't work when you click it is

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.