Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have to remove the heater core from my Isuzu Rodeo. The

Customer Question

I have to remove the heater core from my Isuzu Rodeo. The Haynes Manual does not cover this particular year, and I am stuck with trying to remove the center metal frame that is obstructing the heater core housing.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: It has been leaking from under the dash, and onto my carpet and even my shoes. It got so bad that the interior was filling up with moisture
JA: What year is your Rodeo?
Customer: 1992
JA: Are you fixing your Rodeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few weeks ago, I had the rest of the cooling system replaced (radiator, thermostat, hoses), but forgot about the heater core. The reason it wasn't leaking before is due to bars leaks. Yes, I am fixing it myself, but having problems removing the dash.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about all I have for now, thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

Getting the heater core out of this truck is a real bear. The whole instrument panel (dash) has to come out, then the HVAC box comes out and then you take it apart and remove the heater core. Would a diagram help?