Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My Bentley flying spur had boty damage repair on driver side

Customer Question

My Bentley flying spur had boty damage repair on driver side rear quarter panel. Right after had suspension problem with fron end sagging
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: no fluid. car working fine until after the body repair. The front will raise a bit when I activate the raise vehicle button, but when I attempt to drive the car it lowers again. back end of car stays high
JA: What year is your Flying Spur?
Customer: 2006 with 20,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Flying Spur yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. just trying to decide whether shipping it to Chicago to the Bentley dealer is the only option. seems a coincidence that it failed after the repain. the body shop said that they jacked up the rear during the repair to remove the wheel.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it. thanks
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 28 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

the first thing did the body shop lock the suspension when they lifted the vehicle ?

second was there any suspension damage with the quarterpanel damage!!?

do you hear any leaks of air when you have the car on (outside)?

let me know !