Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

Where are the dip sticks for oil and transmission on an

Customer Question

Where are the dip sticks for oil and transmission on an Izuzu Rodeo 1999 4wd LS 3.2 liter V-6? We can find one only.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 9 months ago.

The transmission on this truck does not have a dip stick. The trans pan has two plug in it, one is the drain and the other is how you refill it.

If you need to add oil to the engine it will have to be added into the valve cover on the passenger side of the engine. There is a screw on cap that you have to remove to open the valve cover to add the oil. I will post a diagram of the location of the oil fill cap.

Here is the diagram of the oil fill cap, it is marked in red. The oil dip stick is just to the passenger side if the valve cover close to the fill cap.