Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Have a quuestion about air condition compresso on 99 rodeo

Customer Question

Hello have a quuestion about air condition compresso on 99 rodeo there is a bolt on the front corner on the outside of compressor toward fender that appears to be leaking freon what is that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Dose this bolt hold the bracket on to the compressor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it doesn't it just screwed in a hole in side of compressor seems to have a piece of rubber or some type of material around it
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay so its just a bolt that screws into the compressor with a rubber seal on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's where it leaking
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay from your description this sounds like the oil fill port used for when you add oil to the compressor . If its leaking then that usually means the seal is bad. The fix would be to evacuate the system and replace the seal and recharge the system if in fact that the bolts thats leaking.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where would I find that seal
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Any part store would have it, stop by your local part store and have them look at it and they can get you the seal you need.