Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2006 Range Rover. Sometimes the RPMs will go up to

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Range Rover. Sometimes the RPMs will go up to 4 or 5 while I'm in drive. I cut the car off in order to control it. Sometimes my wife droves the car, but she may not know what to do. One mechanic told me I needed a tune up. It's not as bad, but it has not completely stopped. What is the problem here?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your model is equipped with an electronic throttle actuator on the throttle body itself.If this is acting up this will cause this fault here with the throttle body needing replaced.I have also seen issues with vacuum leaks on the engine cause this fault as well needing repaired.

I would have the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks and any leaks found will need repaired.If no leaks are found then I would have the throttle body checked/tested to see if it needs replaced as well as the accelerator sensor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete