Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

04 LAND ROVER. WONT REV OVER 2200 RPM, 04 LAND ROVER

Customer Question

04 LAND ROVER. WONT REV OVER 2200 RPM
JA: What is the model of your '04 Land Rover?
Customer: 04 LAND ROVER FREELANDER V6
JA: Are you fixing your Freelander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO POWER REPLACED PLUGS AND 1 IGNITION COIL IDLES OK NO ACCLERATION
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: CONSISTENT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: WITH FOOT ON GAS PEDAL DOESNT GO ABOVE 2200 RPM
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One common cause for this fault here is a restriction with the catalytic converter.If the back pressure exceeds 1.5 psi when tested with a back pressure tester this can point to an issue with a catalytic converter needing replaced.The other issue can be a lack of fuel due to a restriction with the fuel filter.Usually if this is the cause though you would have misfires in most cases.If you have not had an exhaust back pressure test done this needs done to see if this is an issue with a restricted catalytic converter needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete