Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

2004 land rover discovery. crank sensor symptoms.

Customer Question

2004 land rover discovery.
JA: Are you fixing your Discovery yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: crank sensor symptoms. intermitant start. dies after awhile. no rpm shows on tach when cranking. have changed out cps twice
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: nope. when it does start it runs like a champ. it will sputter on startup
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have no rpm signal on a scan tools data list when cranking when this issue occurs here and you have already replaced the crank sensor check the crank sensor connector and wiring for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete