Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The 7 pin connector to my trailer. when I hook it up, I have

Customer Question

The 7 pin connector to my trailer. when I hook it up, I have running lights and break lights, but no left turn. and right turn makes both lights blink.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: When I checked it at the truck,with the left turn on, the power pin was blinking bright, and the left turn pin was not as bright. could the be from a defective blinker unit? And where is the blinker located on a 2009 3500 Silverado? I will check the break fluid
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was just checking the lights on the trailer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a know problem with the blinker unit affecting the manufactures trailer conecetings
Category: Car
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Have you ever had this trailer hooked to this truck before? If so did the lights work properly then?

Have you driven at all with the trailer? If not drive it around a couple of miles and recheck it. A lot of times its a ground issue and driving it a little will knock off any rust in the way on the ball connection.,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
driven it often. question is can the blinker unit be defective causing a short creating the blinking across the leads> Where is the blinker unit located on a 2009 3500 Silverado
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hve had two mechanics tell me there is a problem within the wiring to the truck side connector.