Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

2006 suzuki forenza. Replaced throttle body 6 months ago for

Customer Question

2006 suzuki forenza. Replaced throttle body 6 months ago for p161b. Has returned with p2110,p2106,p161b. Car has not acted up for me. It has blue dot on throttle body verifying update. Suggests replacing ecm after verifying no air leaks. I dont see much indication of ecm replacement but I am not familiar with suzuki. I have used dielectric grease on connectors already. I have high mechanical diagnostic skill but this one is a headache, any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

those faults all relate to a throttle body issue

as that has been replaced then I'd start by checking over the wiring to the throttle , checking for breaks in the wire and damaged insulation and hard sections of wire

do you have any issues with driveabilty?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no issues with driveability. Have checked harness , and no hard spots or broken wires. It has not acted up for me since customer has brought it in. Im thinking it is an intermittent throttle body issue but i do not have much information about tps values.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

thats a good idea

if you measure the resistance of the TPS whilst slowly opening the throttle by hand , the resistance should increase smoothly and slowly

if it jumps around or has a 'flat spot' then I'd replace the throttle body

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try that again. I was wondering if some of of the tps values should be high going to a lower reading and the other reading going from low to high .
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

thats correct . its a 'twin track' tps so one vaslue sould increase as the other one rises