Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

2004 HSE Land Rover Range Rover - Rear Door Regulator

Customer Question

2004 HSE Land Rover Range Rover - Rear Door Regulator Removal Drivers Side. I can see 3rd bolt thru the glass that needs removed but can't get thru the glass to loosen it.
Guessing the quarter stationary glass needs removed 1st. (this is where I don't know how to remove the quarter glass) then guessing the up and down glass will have room to slide out to finally remove the 3rd. Regulator bolt for removal of regulator.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

hello

if you wind the window fully up 1st then this should create enough room to slip behind with a ring spanner to undo the bolt

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Doesn't appear to be possible. Bolt head is too close to glass and too tight really to try to work behind to get there....

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Ok can you get a open ended / regular spanner onto it?

if so the you should be able to loosen the bolts