Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I replace crank shaft bearing on my 2004 Freelander which

Customer Question

I replace crank shaft bearing on my 2004 Freelander which ran. Now I get not communication at the crank position sensor. I tried a new computer but it needs to be programed. There was no power surge or pinched wires just no signal. I pulled the motor replaced the bearing do I have to position the crank in a special way like some Nissian's?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

No programming is needed when replacing a CKP sensor.

Have you verified the sensor was not impacted and is seated firm?

Have you confirmed the wires from the computer to the CKP sensor have no continuity to each other, power, or ground and there is no resistance from the computer to the sensor?

Are you sure the crank run out is correct and the CKP sensor is not to far from the tone ring?

The crank does not have to be timed a set way to get a reading if that is what your implying but the crank does need to be placed and shimmed correct with the thrust bearing/washer.

Any of these things you do not know how to check, let me know?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris