Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

1986 328 ferrari need to change brake master cylender. would

1986 328 ferrari need to change brake master cylender. would like idiot directions for this process

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Since your vehicle does not have abs brakes the first is to have a towel under the brake lines that goes to the master cylinder to catch any brake fluid when the lines are loosened . then remove the 2 nuts that the master is attached to the power booster and then remove the cylinder assy.

You may have to transfer the reseroir from the old to new so a vice is necessary to hold the master to get the reservoir off.

place the new cylinder in the vice and install the reservoir. now is the time to clean the reservoir up of any gunk inside the tank before installation . usually the cylinder comes with a bleed kit where fittings and plastic lines . you must bench bleed the master to make life alot easier. the lines go in the tank with new fluid in the tank and you push the piston in and out to get all the air out . once that is done then installation of the cyilinder and bleeding of the calipers is needed. 2 man job . one to pump and hold the brakes and the other open and close the bleeders.

here is a movie link of bench bleeding the master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523fHbmbdsQ

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there are 4 nuts that hold the master cylender to the boster. there is not enough clearance to remove the master because heater system.this is a 328 not a 308
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
does the entire brake assembly have to come out as one unit if so what is process? can the heater assembly be removed to remove master cylender by itself

i do need a vin # to get the factory info please. also a pic so i can have a look see myself!!

thanks