Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Can't bypass the alarm system on a 2000 range rover, battery

Customer Question

can't bypass the alarm system on a 2000 range rover
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: battery is fine and fob works
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1515 sequence........can u walk me through the reset while I'm in the car and have the key in the ignition as that worked last time......when the key is in the ignition i cannot lock the doors only unlock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think if he is familiar with the alarm system of a 2000 this will be an easy there a fee involved?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ill try online first and circle back and i just did it...thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is this an OEM or aftermarket alarm?

Will the vehicle crank and start?

What does the theft light do with the key on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't thin k so......vehicle wont start and there is no error message......theft light is off.....i was able to bypass last week but forgot the sequence......i need the car this morning...any chance you can call me and we can trouble shoot?(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Chris my farm manger is with the car till 3. Would you mind calling him and seeing if you can get it started. Joseph is good with cars so I'm hoping you can figure it out. His mobile is 1(###) ###-####

Camping and have no phone service, but there is free wifi here. Sorry I can only type. You can request a call and another can fulfill it.

Since the theft light is not on with the key on, this means it should not be a theft system issue. more so related to the ignition switch, transmission range sensor, starter relay, or starter motor. Can your mechanic read wire diagrams and do wire testing with a volt meter?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.