Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara it has the 2.7 and the standard

Customer Question

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara it has the 2.7 and the standard transmission. It has an issue with not staying in 1st gear. It is the subject of this a tsb concering the low gear shift inverse lever tsb# ***** I am want to know what this actually covers and how labor intensive it is. I can get a transmission for $300 but not sure if this part is in the tranny or it is talking about the shifter itself
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

The TSB your referring to calls for replacing the low gear shift inverse lever which requires removing the transmission and a tear down (parts inside ) and the labor calls for 4.6 hours. Are you looking for the TSB and the steps to replace this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Yes because I am having difficulty finding it

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

See the service bulletin in the link below, its shows the location as well as the part number.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Trans%20service%20bulletin%20Sept%208.pdf

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Do you know af a source for that part

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

The part is a dealer only part.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Are there any left in the United States

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

I can not tell you that. Your going to need to contact the dealer and they can run it on there computer system and tell you either way.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hey can you resend that info. My phone died and I lost my screenshot and can't access the dropbox info

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

See it below, be sure to download and print it as the link expires over time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Transmission%20TSB%20Sept%2018.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.