Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Lost key / can s tart trakker but not unlock wheel, no extra

Customer Question

lost key / can s tart trakker but not unlock wheel
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: no extra that I can find
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 98 Suzuki trakker
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: myself removed back of ignition and can start with screwdriver but wheel locked.. maybe pull whole cylinder out?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

To release the steering lock the ignition lock cylinder has to be turned to the run position. Since you have no keys you would need to remove the lock cylinder and mimic turning the key there by using a screwdriver.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris