Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2004 Suzuki XL7 I put the transfer case in neutral &

Customer Question

I have 2004 Suzuki XL7 I put the transfer case in neutral & now trying to put it in 2H & 4H
it do not want to change
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

If you start the vehicle, hold the brake pedal, shift to neutral. Then try to shift to 2wd will it then shift? Let me know these results before we get into diagnostics.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it is enterally in the tranfer case

If you remove the shift motor then command it to change gears does the motor turn?

Can you manually shift it into 2 high with the shift motor off?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris