david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive

Can anyone tell me what size and year this engine is with

Customer Question

Can anyone tell me what size and year this engine is with the numbers from the pictures?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

I cannot confirm right this minute but that is a 6.2 GM diesel. I can confirm is a few. as far as year it will be difficult as they were manufactured by detroit diesel and shipped to GM and AMG for years with very few changes.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Also the numbers you have atatched are not the block numbers which is what would be required to verify year if even possible.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

here is a site that has some information on the dating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll look for the other numbers. But this engine looks different than the other 87 6.2L I have. Those have a different type of label on them and say made by GM. This truck had MWO label on it but can't read the date.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Is the other 6.2 an off road only certified diesel? The one in pics is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From the link that you sent me, I found these numbers on the back of the engine near the transmission.
What do you mean by off road only certified diesel? Where does that info come from?
The other one has a GM mark near the sticker and the sticker says GM and also 6.2L. This one has a different label and no GM marking.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

I will opt out and see if someone else can help.

Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David..........2006 6.5