david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive

Had. Control arms done. And struts. Aswell. But. Now. The

Customer Question

Had. Control arms done. And struts. Aswell. But. Now. The dealership said. I have a air compression leak on my right side but why is my suspension fault light on. And. My lr3. It's on normal height. And on the. Screen. It's showing. Something wrong with suspension on the left side
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: Nope. None. But. Now I have a warning light. On. About. The. Suspension fault.
JA: What year is your LR3?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I'm going to take it Bk to the. Shop because I just paid. )$5000. For. The control arms. And bushing. I don't understand. Why it's. Blinking. And. The. Height. Of. The. Truck. Is. High. In the. Bk
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I want to know does. The. Default. Suspension have to do with what I already paid for
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Wait. I'm lost. Ms pearl
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. You had no problems with this suspension fault light before you had the control arms and struts replaced. correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Paid. $6000. So. Now. The. Dealership. Is. Saying. They. See a leak. On my right. Side. One. Of. The. Air compression. So. I'm trying to understand. Why. When. I do the 4x4. It. Said. My. Suspension default. Rest. And. The. Bk. Of. The truck went very. High. But. My husband. Reset. It. And it when. Bk down. What's. Wrong. With. The. Truck now��
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it safe. To drive. No warning lights. On.

the dealership damaged your air suspension. DO NOT let them tell you anything else.

it depends if its safe to drive........when the vehicle is shutoff, does it sag alot from the air suspension leaking....? if so, then i say its not safe

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope. It's. Back. Regular that what. Weird because. The car pushed out. A lot of air. And went Bk. To normal height. I drove it. And. Everything. Is fine

Ok. so the leak is probably very small and maintains ride height while operating. if there is a leak and it sags while shutoff, it still needs addressed. its not going to get better until repaired/replaced. please rate my service as its the only way i get credit for my help. thank you so much and have a great day.

how is the car doing, still ok and staying level?