Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Changed alternator and starter on 2008 Landrover LR 2 not

Customer Question

Changed alternator and starter on 2008 Landrover LR 2 not starting red light flashing hazard light turns on
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: One showing security armed left hand side on dash board
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced both alternator and starter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Alternator was draining battery
Category: Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you have any clue what I can do to mobilize my vehicle ?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • Any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle interfering with the theft system, do you get the same results from both keys?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you people have charged me $56 and yet to answer the question. What kind of froud is this? You keep on charging my card three times
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my landrover is still sitting cant start?

I have zero control over the fees. I just answer questions. You can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to contact the website.

On the 3rd I sent a message to you but I never heard back. I will copy and paste it below. If you still need help, please reply and let me know.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the answer you are talking about?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There was a class law suite Against Landrover regarding this problem with this model for both year 2008 and 2009. If you have an answer, I am sure you can help a lot of people. I know you people do a lot of research and probably have an idea the reason I asked, If you don't know, please don't trigger for my money to be withdrawn from my account.

Do you get the same results from both keys?

Are there any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle?

Do you know anyone with a scan tool?

Did the repairs cause this or were there issues before?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What happened is a common problem where this car just shuts off. On diagnosis the battery was extremely low 11v. Based on the age of the battery, figured it was not adequately accumulating charge so I replaced it. It still didn't' start . I determined that it was immobilized. was able to disarm but still couldn't start. Because I saw some rust on starter terminals and their was noise coming from alternator area like overload or shorted circuit, I replaced both Alternator and Starter. Non of this has worked; The battery keeps on discharging and it has a key fob which only charges when docked in the ignition. This is where I am. What is your answer

I am not getting any response to the questions I am asking. I will opt out and let someone else try to help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If Chris cant answer then the money should be refunded ! He can look up the case which was filed in new Jersey. It is similar to my problem except I have not taken my car to no dealer. I noticed a lot of people had the same problem and got nowhere with dealership. That is why I was skeptical to take it to the dealer.