Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Ac light is blinking, compressor cycles, when working - the

Customer Question

ac light is blinking , compressor cycles, when working - the low side reads 45 psi and the high is 50. 2005 outlnder
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: ac light is blinking. starts with steady light then blinks after about one minute
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. The system has not worked for quite some time (not my car)...evacuated system, then charged to 45psi after checking for leaks with uv dye
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cleaned cabin filter, checked for bad insulation around connector wires
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Do you know what the pressure readings are when the system is off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
zero
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

I see, thanks. It sounds like the expansion valve is stuck open, but with zero static pressure it will need to have a full charge to be sure.