Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

What kind of oil should I use in my 2004 escalade ext

Customer Question

What kind of oil should I use in my 2004 escalade ext (255,000 miles) I live in Las Vegas & temp for next 2 months will be 95degree is 10w- 30or 10w-40 or 5w-30 which is ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

you should use 10W30 oil but the key is to use one that handles heat and oes not breakdown

The one you find in local parts store will be Mobile one full synthetic 10W30 , if you want to go deeper, I would use the MOTUL BRAND , that is the best oil money can buy and does not breaks down easy, very high temperature rating on it. i used it in my race car, you drive 3000 miles on it and still clean

the only way you can buy it is online there is few websites that caries it

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you &

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat

2004 Cadillac Truck Escalade EXT V8-6.0L VIN N

Save Article

Engine Oil API Classification ................................... Look for Starburst Symbol Above -18° C (0° F) ................................... 10W-30, 5W-30 (preferred) Below -29° C (-20° F) ....................... 5W-30 synthetic (preferred) , 0W-30

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13801