Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

What is the average or typical cost to replace camshaft

Customer Question

what is the average or typical cost to replace camshaft variator on a 2005 QP?
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

What is the make and model of your 2005 vehicle?

What is the exact engine size?

If not sure, post the 17 digit vin number and I can pull the information from that

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All 2005 Maserati QPs come with a 4.2 Ferrari engine to my knowledge (at least mine does)
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello

the cost of a new variator / cam phaser is about $700 but you also have to factor in another $50 in gaskets to get access to the part, and its a good 4-5 hours labour to remove and replace the part

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you