Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 1999 Silver Seraph. The alarm is taking a. I'm told

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Silver Seraph. The alarm is taking a crap. I'm told to ask where is the keyless entry module located? We're going to install an aftermarket unit. We have to be able to disable the factory alarm before the aftermarket will work properly.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

I apologize and see no one has posted the location of the alarm module or keyless entry module.In some cases this can be due to info being difficult to obtain.In some cases you can obtain this info from a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here and they may or may not charge a small fee for this.If this was already checked into or is not an option let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I most assuredly still need help finding the module. Any and all help will be much appreciated!!
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not show the location myself on this module here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a way to disable the factory system and just install the aftermarket?? I'm open to anything that will work with no harm to anything else.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I see no one else has posted here since my last post.

Unfortunately the factory system cannot be disabled or bypassed on this model here as it is tied into the data communications system on your model.

Thanks Pete