Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 88.5 Suzuki Samurai. I have installed a new

Customer Question

I have a 88.5 Suzuki Samurai. I have installed a new alternator and Battery. Both have been removed and tested. Issue is Battery Light on dash will not go out. Have traced circuits and seems complete. I can not find specs on voltages to dash....
Category: Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you connect your volt meter to the battery is the alternator showing a charge of at least 14 volts? If your sure the replacement alternator is okay then the problem has to be a wiring concern. Have a look at the enclosed wiring diagram and see if you have ohm checked all the wires in the charging system circuit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Battery%20light%20Aug%2010.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have previously confirmed all of the circuits. What I am not sure about is what the voltage from the alternator to the instrumentation should be. Am I correct in assuming that the alternator charge voltage and the return voltage to the instrumentation should be about the same? Did you construct that wiring diagram by yourself or do you have an additional source of specifications? Why is part of the circuit a dotted line?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

The wiring diagram is the Factory wiring diagram and I did not draw it, the doted line id the black/white wire from fuse 8 that feeds the alternator. See if the test steps in the link below will help you with this diagnosis.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alt%20Aug%2011.pdf