Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

NOTHING, AM OK, MY SECURITY LIGHT STAYS ON WHEN TRYING TO

Customer Question

NOTHING, AM OK
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: HELLO
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: MY SECURITY LIGHT STAYS ON WHEN TRYING TO START THE CAR. WHEN IT ON i CAN'T START THE CAR
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: SOLID
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOTHING/THINKING ABOUT TAKEN IT IN
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: THATS IT./ I TOOK IT IN FOR THAT AND THEY TOLD ME , tHEY HAD TO BYPASS THE LIGHT
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

Can I get the year, make, model?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1998 pontiac bonneville.

The first step for an issue like this is to try and reprogram the pass key system. It may come down to the resistors bad and the ignition switch needing to be replaced. If this is a concern you want to try and address at home, let me know and I will see if we can get this figured out.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris